MC Frontalot
BBS :: The Rapper In Question :: Thread
Previous thread :: Next thread
A Booking Agent: We Seek One
Front
ubergeek
Posted 1.4.10 :: 6:57PM :: A Booking Agent: We Seek One
So! It's that time again. We should be lining up clubs for our April tour, and we still don't have a steady booking agent. Our last regular fellow retired from The Agency Group to manage the Flobots full time (boo! hiss!) and we haven't found a good fit since.

Our touring history is very strong for a band at our famousness level, and the national distribution of Nerdcore Rising means that this touring season is likely to be better than ever. There are small-to-medium booking agents and agencies out there that would be a good match for us. I just can't seem to find them.

So I'm leveraging the ENTIRE INTERNET to help. I'm not looking to recruit someone who's interested in getting into booking... we need someone who already does this as a job. And someone who is nice, reliable, honest, and who either "gets" nerdcore right off the bat or can wrap his or her head around it without too much difficulty. DO YOU KNOW THIS PERSON? We are following any and all leads -- you tell us who they are, we'll send them our tour history and a primer on the band.

Please write to booking@frontalot.com.

THANK YOU, INTERNET.
aceupmysleeve
ultranerd
Posted 1.4.10 :: 7:03PM ::
Good luck finding someone! And get them to book you some shows in the UK, where the ultra huge and secret number one Front Fan Club is - our membership actually exceeds the number of vowels in a dictionary
phxdee
geekist
Posted 1.5.10 :: 4:56AM ::
My guy's band books shows sometimes with some folks called 13th floor entertainment out here in AZ, but I'm pretty sure they're exclusively metal/industrial/grindcore and I doubt they'd 'get' nerdcore, but here's their site anyway just in case: http://www.13thfloorentertainment.com/news.html

In regards to clubs to play in AZ, you certainly rocked the Sets in Tempe for KOLcon a couple years ago! The Clubhouse is also pretty good, as is Club Red. (Fair warning: I think the Marquee, while a nice venue, would be overkill, and Chasers is essentially a dive bar with a stage.) When you do find an agent that's a good fit, you should see if you can't book the Sets again when you guys come through AZ! :)

- Dee
RictorRockets
geek
Posted 1.6.10 :: 11:13AM :: Re: A Booking Agent: We Seek One
Never in my life have I ever so badly wished that "booking agent" was my chosen career.

Suffice it to say, I have a couple of folks (all West Coast though..) I know and can ask. I'm sure our Collective Might will win the day yet!

-RR
AcrophobicPixie
gigantic nerd
Posted 1.6.10 :: 12:11PM ::
I know a few DJ's. I'll ask them if they know a nice guy/gal that can be your booking agent. Just, if they find you one, promise me a show in Pittsburgh? Pretty pretty please?
Front
ubergeek
Posted 1.6.10 :: 10:51PM ::
It doesn't really matter where agents live, as long as they book acts nationally and have relationships with music venues in every market.

The suggestions of which towns to play are very nice but not helpful in finding someone to route this tour and make it happen. I mention this only because if ppl keep posting places where I'm welcome, I will have crying. Over how I can't go to there(s). Thank you, tho!
GiantEye
dork
Posted 1.7.10 :: 5:12AM ::
Have you considered John Coulton's representation?

Armand Sadlier
Vision International
PO Box 201
Highland, MD 20777

e: armand@visionintl.com
p: (301) 854-0888

He's doing a pretty widespread tour so it seems like they have the connections and you're appealing to a fairly similar market.
wyrfxrssn
post-nerdal true geek ascendancy
Posted 1.7.10 :: 12:21PM ::
I think I have an aunt who is a booking agent. I will ask.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo Msgr
Front
ubergeek
Posted 1.8.10 :: 8:52PM ::
Had a lovely chat with Coulton's booking person. We were not quite the right act for him to take on. It's a tough thing! The fit has to be just right before this kind of working relationship makes sense.

ONE DAY OUR PRINCE (OR PRINCESS) WILL COME
remixedmag
nerdling
Posted 1.8.10 :: 10:25PM :: This may sound dull but...
..have you tried hitting LinkedIn to pose this question? I could post if you'd like, but my guess is you'd have a better time filtering such responses yourself. I've met a lot of connected folks in the groups, which are pretty easy to join.

Just a thought...Let me know if I can share the names of groups which have been especially helpful.

-Anne Z.
aggr1103
nerdling
Posted 1.9.10 :: 10:45AM ::
I tried finding the 2 Skinnee J's booking agent, and this is the best I could find. This came off the Riot Nrrd CD:

Variety Artists International
1924 Spring Street
Paso Robles, CA 93446
805-237-4275 Phone
805-237-4283 Fax
AcrophobicPixie
gigantic nerd
Posted 1.10.10 :: 10:20PM ::
unfortunately, the booking agents I know won't take on Nerdcore, cause they do dance/trance/house music and just can't wrap their minds around it.
MC-3PO
metanerd
Posted 1.11.10 :: 3:40PM ::
I thought I knew a booking agent. Apparently I know a club promoter with an inflated sense of self-importance. Lame.
View user's profileSend private messageSend emailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressICQ NumberYahoo MsgrMSN Msgr
Page 1 of 1    
See only topics
from the previous:

BBS :: The Rapper In Question :: Thread
Previous thread :: Next thread
7.30.14 :: 1:11PM :: GMT - 4 Hours